Foot cracks Causes and treatment, which often appear in the heel area, are one of the common problems that cause the sufferer to feel discomfort or feel pain if the cracks are deep, and the pain appears when the patient stands for a long time, and in fact, the foot cracks are often caused by dry skin, and usually accompanied by an increase Thickness of dry skin.
Foot cracks Causes and treatment Often times, the appearance of the unwanted heel is the only problem that sufferers of fissured feet suffer, but in some severe cases these cracks may be unlikely.
It is worth noting that women are more likely to crack the feet than men. The patient is advised to see a doctor if he suffers from pain, redness, swelling,
or severe pain in any area of the foot for more than a few days.
A fissured foot may result in the patient’s suffering from some complications, especially
if it is cause by a health problem . These complications include loss of heel feeling, cellulitis, and diabetic foot ulcers.
Foot cracks Causes and treatment
Heel cracks occur because the skin loses its moisture, and there are many factors and conditions that cause the skin to lose moisture and become dehydrated, including the following:
- Standing for long periods, especially if the person is obese; As the extra weight puts additional pressure on the heel of the foot, it exposes dry skin, if it is present, to the risk of cracking.
- Walk the person barefoot, or wear shoes that do not cover the entire heel, or shoes that are ill-fitting.
- Showers with very hot water for a long time. Dehydration or not drinking enough fluids.
- Not using foot moisturizers.
- Some weather changes such as low temperatures or humidity levels.
- Use harsh soaps that can strip the skin of its natural oils.
- Health problems such as diabetes, as the high blood sugar level and lack of control may cause damage to the nerves, and therefore the patient may suffer from dry skin and thus increase the likelihood of cracking, and it should be noted that people with diabetes are more likely to have fissures in the feet than they are without Healthy people.
- Other health conditions that cause cracked heels are vitamin deficiency, fungal infections, hypothyroidism, pregnancy, and old age.
Cracked foot treatment
There are many home remedies that can be used to control and treat heel cracks, but it is worth noting the need to see a doctor who specializes in treating foot problems in case the cracks in the foot are caused by a disease or health conditions, Foot cracks Causes and treatment as well as in cases where the cracks are severe and may It has reached advanced stages, in order to prevent complications and worsen the problem.
Among the home remedies that are useful , in most simple cases that are not caused by suffering from health problems include
Soak the feet with water:
The skin around the cracked side of the feet is often dry and thick, so soaking the feet in warm soapy water helps soften the feet, making it easier to remove the thickened skin.
Use a pumice stone or a bath loofah:
To scrub the feet after soaking them to help remove thick, cracked layers of skin.
Moisturize the skin with a foot moisturizer:
The use of foot moisturizers is the first line of treatment in cases of cracked feet, because of their role in moisturizing the skin, softening it, Foot cracks Causes and treatment, and getting rid of dead and hard skin.
Honey works as a natural remedy for cracked feet, as it has anti-microbial properties, including bacteria, and can help heal and disinfect wounds, and moisturize the skin.
Coconut oil has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties, and it helps the skin retain moisture,
so it is recommended for use in cases of dry skin.
Other home remedies:
There are many other home remedies that can be used in cases of cracked feet,
including vinegar to soak the feet, olive oil, shea butter or mashed bananas to moisturize the feet, paraffin wax to retain moisture in the feet, and oatmeal mixed with oil to exfoliate the feet.